Wednesday, February 20, 2008

#56 Viognier from Yalumba

I had to take a break from the quest but am slowly working back into the routine. Shockingly it took 56 wines to get to an Australian wine. My first bottle back is a Viognier from Australia's Yalumba. I have enjoyed quite a few of their reds so I decided to give this $10 bottle the nod.

Normally I don't pay too much attention to the tasting notes on wine bottles but I am going to reprint this one here as it really hit the nail on the head. "Golden in colour, the Yalumba Viognier enchants with its heady perfume of lemon, honeysuckle and hints of spice. The palate is rich, luscious and silky with tropical fruits, citrus and lychee flavours." This is one of Yalumba's "Y Series" focusing on varietals. I will be looking for more of these.

No comments: