Sunday, February 10, 2008

#52 Silvaner from Wagner Stempel

A weekend spent mostly preparing my 2007 taxes and analyzing a year past in grueling detail. It is finally Sunday evening and I have about 5 pounds of paperwork to send off to my CPA in the morning. Thank goodness that is over, for now anyway. Not many bottles left before I have to head over to Sam's for another mixed case.

Tonight's splurge is a $20 Terry Theise Silvaner. Theise is an excellent importer and his name on a bottle is usually a good sign. This one has a swift hint of sulfur which is replaced by a waft of rotten raw poultry. I would consider this a reisling lite. I have had more than a few disappointments from the retailer I purchased this from so I would like to blame storage but I am not sure that is fair.

No comments: