Monday, February 11, 2008

#54 Falanghina from Feudi

Feudi Di San Gregorio makes a wide range of wines. Founded in 1986 these guys have made a serious effort to modernize production and utilize ancient grape varietals. I have been lucky enough to try many of their wines and so far I haven't been disappointed.

Tonight we decided to prepare the handmade pasta we made when Anne and Kirk last visited. The pasta was still perfect. (drying experiment successful). So I grab a bottle thinking it was a red and instead was faced with yet another white. This time a Falanghina. Prepared to be let down I pour a glass. Thankfully its a full bodied complex wine with solid fruit and strong acidity. A huge relief from the insipid plonk I have run into recently. At $15 its a steal relative to many in this price range.

No comments: