Sunday, February 10, 2008

#53 Arneis from Healdsburg CA

Shudder, my taste buds needed a reprieve from the previous bottle so I sort through the dwindling varietals remaining in my fridge and find an Arneis from Seghesio in Healdsburg California. Seghesio generally delivers a consistent product and they are known for growing Italian varietals. (Though I would be remiss if i didn't point out that of all the wineries in all the places in all the world I have been to... they were the most condescending and brutish.) I bought this bottle only because its hard to find as a single varietal as it is most often used as a blending grape to soften other wines.

And that pretty much defines this wine. Extremely pale, lightly sweet and somewhat flabby. At $15 this is not a white wine to go out of your way for.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Ah yes, Seghesio brings back the memories...the excitement of a good experience, the aggravation of a bad server, the anger over being left for another group. I still remember "Oh yeah, just WHAT wines of ours do you like?" What a jerk. I'm glad we swore off the tasting room after that day. I still get a bad taste in my mouth every time I think of buying one of their wines. That being said, I loved their sango...