Monday, May 31, 2010

#189 Lidia

This wine follows my opening of #190 above.  This one is a Lidia.  I find even less information about this wine than I did the Isabella.  I note that it appears often on various Moldavian wineries so I am going to have to assume it is a regional grape much like Isabella...

This bottle is in similar condition, lots of sediment in the neck.  Same cork, same blackened end but less vegetative.  Wine pours slightly more purple but really is still amber.  Nose a bit rough the vegetation comes through.  Taste is strawberries and alcohol.  This one is definitely more approachable than its sister above.  Perhaps its the 16% abv... that can make a difference.  If not for the nose I think this would be an interesting pairing with a fresh fruit desert.  I suspect I could make a very nice sauce out of this one...

No comments: