Monday, May 4, 2009

#118 Orange Muscat

Robert Hall Orange Muscat at wine varietal #118 earns its place in this quest's history as the first Costco wine to make the list! Oh sure I always browse the wine at Costco when I drop in to buy eggs and milk but I have never found a varietal yet to be checked off. This one weighed in at $14 so I took a "chance". (We all know it was going in the cart... heck it almost had a Wii and a Wii fit as company.... next to the eggs and milk of course... and the $700 air compressor that I know I am going to need some day). I fear I digress lets focus on the wine.

This one has an enticingly perfumed nose of delicate flowers and fresh laundry. It is sweet without being cloying and has a wispy citrus orange finish. This is a wine I would like to try to work into a pairing menu. I would say it is a desert wine trapped in a table wine's bottle and it has the potential to raise some eyebrows. 118 varietals into the quest and I am still being surprised... thank you!

No comments: