Monday, February 2, 2009

Submitted for your approval......


Somewhere in the middle of that larger than desired gap between wine 108 and wine 109 this paperwork was submitted to the ardent operators of The Wine Century Club.

For a time I thought that I would endeavor to be the fastest member to get to 100 varietals via any means possible. I may have considered at one point a giant mixture of every variety I could find (and a pint glass to serve it in). One gulp and done! Then I thought perhaps I would try to get to 100 varietals by drinking the fewest bottles possible. I found a few great blends that would have gotten me right up to 25 in a matter of days.

I realized however that this would be more of a journey than a sprint. And more of a labor of love than just pure labor. It has been an informative delight tasting through every one of those 108 wines. Almost every bottle, save 2 or 3, were 100% pure varietal as far as my research was able to uncover so I hope that I was able to capture the core essence of each grape.

Now the question is "Where to now?". Thankfully for you my dear reader, that question comes pre-answered. I will focus on completing the two sheets in full (which likely will be harder than I imagine.)

So, as my 2008 quest warmly dulled the impact of our planet's ongoing financial calamity, I hope that my 2009 quest will continue to add a nice fuzzy edge to the swirling mess we are in.

Raise your spirits for raised spirits! Cheers.

No comments: