Sunday, November 8, 2009

#161 Scheurebe


2008 Weingut Bürgerspital Wuerzburger Steinharfe Scheurebe Kabinett (cannot ship)  SKU #1049937

With a wine-growing area of 110 hectares, Bürgerspital wine-growing estate, located in a fantastically beautiful courtyard right in the middle of Würzburg, is one of the largest wine-growing estates in Germany. This is Scheurebe, folks, a crossbreeding of silvaner and Riesling, and it shows an almost red grape aromatic profile with hints of cassis and a finish that is nicely acidic, making it a great match with sausages, veal or cheese. The 2007 edition of this wine got a Double Gold at the 2008 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition.

OK at first blush this posting may look like a cop-out on my part.  But this is my first post using my brand new computer with 64 bit Windows 7 and the new blog editor.  I cannot believe I got this far...

1 comment:

Kirk said...

I can't believe it took you this long to get to Scheurebe...

Oh, and congrats on 161. You are almost 100 in front of us...