Thursday, September 10, 2009

#143 Kisi

"2006 Vinoterra Kisi, Khakheti, Republic of Georgia SKU #1044695

100% Kisi, a very rare grape varietal indeed, which is fermented in kvevri (amphora/clay jars) and then allowed to mature in oak. A little nutty, a little salty, a little savory with loads of mouth feel, structure and character. Try this with smoked white fish!"

Can you tell I stole this directly from the K&L website? I suppose since I paid $22 for this bottle from them they might not mind after all they did nail the tasting notes. I might simplify it further (if I wasn't trying to sell anything) and say this wine has a hint of nutty brine once the oak washes off. Also the wine has a unique color which reminds me (again since I am not trying to sell the bottle) of a white wine poured into a recently finished glass of red. Just a hint of red.

I greatly enjoyed this wine for its history and manufacture and color and taste. Really fascinating.

No comments: